Regardless of where your adventures may take you, it’s vital to travel with durable and sustainable gear that you can rely on to not only make it through the experience, but to last you a lifetime. That gear is here: Meet Caldera.
Tried and tested, the luggage in our new Caldera collection is prepared to take on any travel situation you dream up, whether that’s hiking through South East Asia, or traveling through Europe by train. With capacity ranging from an epic 100L 4-wheel bag to the ultra-lightweight 38L Convertible International Carry On, extreme durability is a standard feature across the entire collection.
Why choose Caldera when you’re shopping for sustainable, long-lasting luggage?
We’re Leading the Footprint-Free March for our Environment
Eagle Creek takes sustainability seriously and that’s visible across every aspect of our supply chain, marketing, and the lifetime of the luggage. Our goal is to create long-lasting luggage that’s not only low-impact on the environment, but actively uses recycled materials. Here’s how the company—and our Caldera collection, treads lightly every step of the way.
● No Matter What™ Warranty: Our warranty team is 100% committed to keeping products on the road with their owners, and keeping waste out of landfills. If your pack needs a repair, we’ve got you covered.
● Sustainable Practices: Our products are PVC-free and bluesign® approved, we also turn discarded into durable by using Cordura Eco Fabric made from recycled plastic and industrial PET fiber waste which lessens the negative impact on people and planet. Read more about our commitment to sustainability here
● 100% Fluorocarbon-Free Finishes: We’re eliminating the use of all fluorocarbons by changing what we use to make our products hard-wearing and water-resistant.
The Caldera Collection Boasts Extreme Durability, Mo Matter What
Thanks to our commitment to quality design and eco-friendly and sustainable manufacturing, Eagle Creek is known for durable, hardworking luggage that holds up under pressure time and time again. And our Caldera collection is no different. In fact, we’ve elevated this collection to an entire new level of endurance.
Luggage in the Caldera collection:
● uses innovative hybrid construction that adds durability while maintaining minimum weight.
● has oversized off-road wheels, allowing for multi-terrain expeditions.
● features anodized aluminum compression buckles and high capacity extension zippers that allow for short- and long-haul packing capacity.
● stands up to any weather thanks to PU coated water-resistant zippers, which keep your things dry no matter the weather.
● lasts longer thanks to fabrics made from recycled Cordura eco yarn and bluesign® approved fabrics, all of which offer long-lasting, high durability.
Caldera Offers Four Styles of Travel Pack to Complement Every Journey
Along with epic durability features, the four pieces in the Caldera collection include numerous other thoughtful touches designed to make your luggage, more: useful, sustainable, convenient, lightweight, and long lasting. Here’s what you can expect from each new Caldera bag.
Choose from 100L, 70L, or the 36L carry-on. The 4-wheel design features sliding mesh compression panels that adjust to secure your belongings, and a crush-resistant handle system with built-in protective bumper rails for maximum impact-resilience. All three sizes boast a high capacity expansion zipper that provides additional room when required, and a compressible front to reduce overall weight. Think of this style as an adventurous version of a wheeled suitcase—but one that will last a lot longer than your average wheeled luggage!
Almost identical in construction to the 4-wheel bag, the key difference lies in the design details—Caldera Wheeled Duffels have two wheels instead of four. Think of these as a hybrid version of traditional duffels, and one meant to last a lifetime. Choose from 100L, 70L, or 38L (carry-on) capacity.
Supporting multiple strap and carry options, this sustainable travel pack has breathable perforated foam straps with an adjustable sternum strap and safety whistle. It also benefits from a comfortable hip belt and an adjustable padded shoulder strap; all of which zip away when not required. A back-slip panel allows you to secure it to any wheeled luggage and there’s also an expansion zipper, which adds an additional 8L capacity if needed. This is your go-to travel pack when you want to travel light.
Caldera Convertible International Carry On
Much like the Travel Pack 45L, this style has zip-away straps for maximum carry versatility but also features oversized off-road wheels for multi-terrain travel. It comes with the same great design features as the larger packs in the Caldera collection and includes the added bonus of a zip-off day pack with a 15” laptop sleeve and hydration bladder attachment.
Trip Sync Enabled Luggage Elevates Your Travel Adventures
The entire Caldera range is equipped with NFC technology, which means you can track your travels to our epic Trip Sync app. Simply hold your smartphone near the NFC icon or ID window on any Caldera gear to learn more about the product’s features and how to clean the bag, or sign in to add travel waypoints to your map.
With sustainability and durability at the heart of this collection, when you travel with a Caldera pack you can be confident that no matter what, you and your gear can travel footprint free .
Explore the Caldera collection now.
Caldera Convertible International Carry On
Related Links (from Eagle Creek blog):
How to Help the Earth While Traveling
Top Sustainable Destinations to Travel This Year
By Charli Moore on March 3, 2020
Charli Moore is an adventure enthusiast who has been location independent since 2011. A freelance writer she blogs about her adventurous travels at Wanderlusters, and has a penchant for adrenaline highs and crunchy peanut butter. Follow her on Instagram to feed your wanderlust.