August 16th, 2016
Buying Guide: Pack-It Packing Organizers and Compression Bags
Two of the biggest packing challenges most travelers face is how to fit everything into their suitcase and how to keep it organized while on their trip.
Whether planning for a quick overnight trip or an extended getaway, there are clothes, toiletries, laptops, phones, digital cameras, and charging cables, plus itineraries, jackets, guide books and so much more -- and it all needs to fit into one bag. And getting it to fit isn't the only problem. Unless your clothes, gear and travel accessories are properly corralled, they tend to wander, and before you know it, you’re traveling with a bag that looks like a rummage sale.
So, how do you manage to fit everything in your bag and keep it somewhat contained? Well, you can cram it all in, like many people do, but this will ultimately make your travel a lot more cumbersome than it needs to be. There's a better way to pack and avoid these headaches – with the revolutionary Pack-It System from Eagle Creek. (Watch the video. It's a simple system that eliminates several of the most common packing challenges, from organizational challenges to limited packing space. With smartly designed sacks, cubes and folders that divide your stuff into cleanly arranged sections within your larger luggage bags, the system makes it easier for you to find what you need and eliminate clutter, and helps to compress your items so you can fit more in your bags.
The Pack-It™ System brings sanity to travel. Packing Cubes, Folders, Sacs and Compression Sacs all help to fit more stuff in less space with fewer wrinkles, separate dirty from clean, and generally bring organization to your bags and luggage. There are many ways to mix and match within this system so we've outlined the products below and given you some useful packing tips so that you can determine which luggage organizers are right for you.
Recommended use: Rolling and compressing pants, shirts, shorts, and underwear. Use to sort dirty clothes from clean & separate clothing types.
Our packing cubes are perfect for clothes: tees, shorts, pajamas and much more. They come in a variety of sizes and options, including 2-sided versions that allow you to separate clean clothes from dirty clothes, as well as expandable cubes.Pack-It Cubes are water-resistant and help compress clothing and minimize wrinkles. Available in durable fabrics and covered by the Lifetime Warranty.
Recommended use: Dress clothing, dresses, collared shirts, skirts -- business trips or in a carry-on bag; they also work well in unstructured bags allowing you to keep items flat and wrinkle-free
Our packing folders fit up to 15 shirts, pants, or other clothing items, keeping them compressed, neat and organized within your luggage while also providing wrinkle resistance. The Small and Medium sizes fit into most carry-on sized bags. All Folders come with an easy-to-use folding board.
Recommended use: Business travel, formal wear and wrinkle-prone clothing
Our garment sleeve is built specifically for longer garments and formal wear, keeping items packed neatly, preventing wrinkles, and allowing you to easily hang your garments upon arrival.
Recommended use: Thick outerwear, bulky items or dirty laundry
Get up to 80% more packing space with these clever compression stuff sacks – no vacuum needed! Just pack, roll to compress, zip and you're done. No other compression bag is this easy to use.
Recommended use: Small accessories, toiletries, make-up and jewelry
Eagle Creek offers a wide range of additional organizers to fit virtually everything you need for your trip.
Now that you know there's a better way to pack, we've gathered some tips from seasoned travelers on how to use The Pack-It™ System in some creative ways for the most organized travel bag around. Below are some of our favorite ways to stay organized on your next journey.
- If packing for the whole family, try a large capacity duffel bag or piece of rolling luggage. Then color-coordinate Pack-It™ Folders, Cubes and Sacs with each member of the family to easily identify what belongs to whom.
- Pack-It™ Sacs are great for organizing snacks and children’s games.
- Pack-It™ Cubes are useful when packing a change of clothes for during the day.
- Pack-It™ Folders are great for people who like to fold all their clothes but for people who roll their clotheswhen they travel, Pack-It™ Cubes are the perfect solution.
- Think of your Pack-It System organizers as drawers and group items according to where they came from. You don’t keep your underwear with your shoes, or belts and electronics in a drawer with your pants so separating them in your travel bag just makes sense. They act like compact drawers and shelves in your bag, keeping similar items together and separating them into categories.
- Roll your socks, scarves, belts and underwear and put them into a Half Cube.
- Keep your make-up, brushes and all your small odds and ends in a Quarter Cube.
- For business travelers, photographers, or any other travelers with a lot of electronics, use an eCube for computer accessories like your mouse, cables, computer and phone chargers, external hard drives
- Depending on the type of travel you're doing, Pack-It™ Cubes make great first aid kits: For more adventurous travelers who need to be more prepared for dehydration and greater injuries, a Half Cube is perfect. For those traveling with children or just travelers who like to be prepared for any minor injury, a Quarter Cube will suffice.
- The Pack-It™ Clean Dirty Cube allows you to put clean clothes in the breathable mesh side and dirty clothes in the waterproof side.
- Moms love Cubes to help them keep their diaper bags organized and to allow them to transfer important baby necessities from one bag to another.
Related Links (from Eagle Creek blog):
Sign Up & Receive
Free 2-Day Shipping
on Your First Order