About Eagle Creek
A brief look at the timeline
of Eagle Creek
Eagle Creek is Born
- Eagle Creek was born in the San Jacinto Mountains of Southern California
- Young founders focused on innovation and durability
Adventure Travel Gear
- Introduced the concept of the Adventure Travel Gear category
- First backpack designed specifically for travel brought to market by Eagle Creek
- First built-in organizational panel in a backpack designed by Eagle Creek
- Began utilizing double needle seam stitching to increase product durability
Creative Solutions for Travel Security
- The Undercover™ security category, a line of products designed to keep valuables safe, introduced to the market
Products for Every Step of the Journey
- The Eagle Creek offering represented the Travel Outfitting story, providing solutions for any trips and every traveler
- Eagle Creek began advocating Responsible Travel, encouraging our customers to travel while supporting local economies and environmental initiatives
A Step Above
- Began offering the unparalleled No Matter What™ Warranty
Outside Magazine Accolades
- The award winning Take 2 ORV Trunk 28 was introduced; innovation award from Outside Magazine and National Geographic Adventure
Ultra-Light Pack-It™ Specter
- Eagle Creek introduced ultra-light, translucent functionality as an option to its line of packing organizers.
Patent Pending Innovation
- Unveiled the Morphus™: An ultra-versatile bag that zips apart to become two full-size bags. Ultra-durable Bi-Tech™ meets ultra-light polycarbonate technology.
Our Company History
Eagle Creek was born in the San Jacinto Mountains of California where Steve and Nona Barker ran a retail store called Mountain People. In 1975, they decided to put their energy full-time into pack manufacturing and began with a 1500 square foot warehouse in Solana Beach, California.
Since the beginning, innovation, durability and craftsmanship have been an integral part of the brand's DNA. Today, Eagle Creek offers a full spectrum of travel solutions and can outfit any traveler for any adventure with our 4-step Travel System.
We take pride in crafting durable and intelligent travel bags; smart solutions that deliver delight and discovery as benefits are revealed through each leg of your trip. Every buckle, zipper, webbing and fabric choice is scrutinized based on rigorous lab testing. Then we take our products on the road to make sure that when you travel, Eagle Creek will have your back. The places we visit motivate our aesthetic, infusing our products with the experiences and sensibilities of travel. Our travel system was made by travelers, for travelers.
We are keenly aware of the environmental impact of everything we produce. We strive to minimize material waste, and source and manufacture with the least environmentally impactful fabrics, trims and packaging materials. As many of our customers tell us, they have been carrying their Eagle Creek gear for years and have been amazed with the longevity of our products. To that end, we strive to make stuff that lasts a lifetime which means Eagle Creek products inevitably stay out of the landfill that much longer.