May 8th, 2018
Video: 10 Best Tips for Packing Light
If you’re a traveler, you know that the less burdensome luggage you have to haul around, the better. Less weight, less liability, less spending, and overall less stress. It may feel difficult, but it’s totally possible and easier than you think! That’s why more and more travelers these days are investing in high-quality carry-ons and packing organizers for better efficiency and overall success. Well, lucky for us, that’s what we specialize in ;)
So what stays and what goes? In order to achieve this optimal state of baggage freedom, we have a strategy. Get our top 10 tips for keeping your package (and package fees!) light.
- Embrace the bulky! Wear your bulkiest articles of clothing—jackets, sweaters, boots—on the plane, to save space in your suitcase.
- Be choosy about your shoes. Think through your planned activities for your trip, and be strategic about what shoes you bring. The fewer pairs, the more room you’ll have in your bag!
- Fold it or roll it? Rolling your clothes really does save space—especially when you put them into packing cubes..
- Outfit planning (key!). Knowing what you’ll be wearing each day can save you from overpacking.
- Optimal clothing color choices. Neutrals are your friend when you’re packing, so you can mix and match the clothes your bring.
- Is laundry on vacay a thing? It can be! Doing laundry on your trip, even if it’s just in your hotel room sink, is a great way to be able to pack less. If you’re planning to stay in a home rental like an Airbnb, look into booking one that has a washer and dryer.
- Compress your clothes but expand your bags. Compression cubes are great for squeezing the most stuff into the least amount of space.
- Bags matter! What’s right for you? Expansion bags are great for making sure you have enough space to bring home anything you pick up on your travels.
- Two wheels are better than four. Two-wheeled bags generally have more internal storage space than four-wheelers, so you can fit more stuff.
- “Must-haves.” Only pack the essentials when you’re stocking up your toiletry bag—and be sure to get mini sizes, or 3 oz. refillable bottles.
Go and check out the video for full detail so that next time you’re on the go, you’re going light.
Luggage: Load Warrior International Carry-On
Toiletry Kits: 3-1-1 Pouch
Sign Up & Receive
Free 2-Day Shipping
on Your First Order