Resident Eagle Creek Travel Expert, Jessica Dodson, shows you the (packing) ropes in this 6 minute video on what she took to New York City with her…and how she fit it ALL in a carry-on!
There’s so much to do and see in NYC—but that doesn’t mean you need to overload your suitcase for a trip there. Find out how and what to pack to make the most of your trip, whether you’re hitting up some Broadway shows or walking the High Line.
Jessica’s Take-Away Tips:
- If you’re staying in a hotel, you can totally leave shampoo, conditioner, and your blow dryer at home.
- Pick out your outfits in advance and lay them out while packing. This will ensure you have something stylish to wear for every day of your trip and help prevent you from forgetting something important!
- Pack more than one pair of sandals in a Shoe Sac to keep all your shoes together and keep the dirt from the city streets from dirtying up your clothes. New York City is very much a walking city—comfortable shoes can make the difference between a fun day of sightseeing and an expensive day of cabs because your cute shoes gave you blisters!
- Make sure to put your liquid bag somewhere you’ll be able to easily access it when you’re going through security. The very top of your suitcase or backpack, or an outer pocket of your bag, works well for this.
- Think through what you will need for the plane and lay that out too when you’re packing —but don’t pack that in your carry-on because it’ll be out of reach! Stash those in-flight essentials—like books, magazines, earplugs, and an eye mask—in your backpack or purse.
Product Featured in Video
Luggage: Tarmac Carry-On Luggage
Pack-It Specter Garment Folder Blue,
Pack-It Specter Compression Cube Blue,
Bottle Set and 3-1-1 Toiletry Pouch,
Small Travel Toiletry Bag
Related Links (from Eagle Creek blog):
Packing List for the City
Summer in the City: 6 Days in NYC
America's Top Snowboarding Destinations