Product Spotlight: Gear Warrior Collection
Looking for a bag that can keep up with whatever adventure you throw at it? Eagle Creek’s new Gear Warrior collection is designed for durability and efficiency—the ideal companion for any adventure you plan.
When you’re planning an adventure, there are several key elements to consider—you might think of them as the 5Ws + H of trip planning: where, what, when, who, why, and how?
The first few are up to you. We can give you suggestions on “where,” like five eco-friendly destinations to visit in 2019 and the best beaches to learn to surf; we can even give you tips on the “who,” like why you should vacation with your siblings. But at the end of the day, those Ws are up to you and your wildest adventure bucket list dreams.
But when it comes to the H—the “how” of packing—we’ve got you covered! Meet the Gear Warrior collection.
Tried and tested, the new Gear Warrior™ collection is comprised of packs that will fit any travel destination, whether it requires hiking to a hut or rolling your way through airport security. Ranging in size from 34L ( a perfect carry-on option) to a whopping 110L (hey, sometimes you doneed the kitchen sink), this versatile collection makes packing the answer to your every adventure travel question.
Built for Adventuring
Eagle Creek is known for its durability (after all, we came up with the No Matter What™ guarantee) and the new Gear Warrior™ collection upholds this promise with thoughtful details to boot.
● Since holes in your backpack are so uncool, our water-resistant fabrics feature seamless composite fabrication, which adds strength to high-stress areas. But that wasn’t enough, so we also reinforced the corners with Hypalon for maximum protection. Just our little way of always having your back.
● Everyone knows that wheeled bags are awesome, but they’re also prone to developing wobbles or overall wonkiness. However, G ear Warrior™ 4-wheeled options have ultra-durable treaded spinner wheelsfor longevity. But we didn’t stop there.
● The rugged wheeled duffel also has a new impact-resistant handle systemthat increases durability and reduces wobble, along with oversized treaded wheels with protective wheel housingand a durable kick plate that’ll keep you rolling with no bumps (we dare you to try it on even the oldest cobblestone road those tiny European towns throw at you!).
● Rounding it out, reflective panels and zipper pulls for nighttime visibility keep you sighted and safe when you’re traveling in areas of limited light.
Explore the Planet, Love the Planet
Perhaps one of the most important aspects of the Gear Warrior™ collection is its sustainability. Ethical travelers know that it’s important to protect and preserve the world so it can be traveled by generations to come. Eagle Creek’s sustainable approach throughout the supply chain for this collection reflects our commitment to the planet. By minimizing waste and using recycled and PVC-free materials, we design gear that will last a lifetime—and stay clear of landfills.
Sustainable fabrics are at the heart of our sustainable bags, and we use bluesign® certified fabrics and materials that are good for the earth and safe for the people who work on them. Fabrics within this collection include 100 percent recycled-from-landfills PET ripstop, as well as recycled coating on the durable back fabric. Laminated “exoskeletons” reinforce high-wear areas without the added weight. These are just a few important ways we reduce our footprint and preserve the planet for future generations.
Walk (or Run) Your Way
The world is made up of two types of people: Those who roll and those who carry. The Gear Warrior™ collection recognizes the beauty in diversity and offers options for both sides of the overhead bin debate.
For those who carry, check out the 45L Travel Pack. The zip-away backpack straps and removable shoulder strap make it easy to carry either in-hand or on your back, depending on your situation. A book-style opening gives you full access to contents and a handy, zippered 360° bottom expansion offers 8L more carry capacity, when needed. There’s even a 3-1-1 pocket with key fob and bottom stash pocket on the top. With all this space, organization is crucial— use a set of packing cubes when you travel to completely mitigate any explosion factor when you unpack.
The four-wheeled bags come in four sizes and an feature expandable main compartments for extra capacity, a padded sleeve or large front compartment for a tablet or computer (depending on the size), and space between the wheels that you can use for packing.
The carry-on wheeled duffel also has room for your electronics, and the 65L duffel has a large front compartment that separates your gear from your clothing, or your clean from your dirty items (always helpful).
Both wheeled versions feature:
● an expandable main compartment for extra capacity (including an Equipment Keeper™ to hold jackets and gear to the top of bag using the Porter Key™ bottle opener attachment).
● front compression straps that adjust to compress contents and lash gear onto the bag and interior compression wings to keep your stuff secure.
● loop zipper pulls to give you access to your bag without having to subject your hands to the cold if it’s a chilly day and you’re loathe to remove your gloves!
Can’t Decide Between a Roller and a Backpack?
The Gear Warrior™ Convertible Carry On is both. The wheeled bag converts to backpack, which is perfect for when you need more speed than wheels can provide (or when the terrain is too tough). Plus, a removable daypack is strapped to the front for day-tripping. It's an all-in-one type of bag, with both wheeled carry-on and personal item in one neat package.
So, go ahead and book those adventurous travel plans via any method you can dream up: plane, train, automobile, boat, rickshaw, donkey, whatever. No matter what your next adventure holds, the Gear Warrior™ collection ensures that your gear is ready to meet you there. Explore more from the collection here.
Related Links (from Eagle Creek blog):
By Katie Coakley on February 22, 2019
Katie Coakley is a Denver-based freelance writer who writes about travel, craft beer, and outdoor adventures. See more of her work at katiecoakleywrites.com or follow her on Instagram.