December 1st, 2014
2014 Holiday Gift Guide: Last-Minute Presents For Travelers
In a rush to find the perfect gift for the adventurers on your list? We’ve got 10 ideas right here.
In traveling, sometimes last-minute plans are the best: a spur-of-the-moment weekend trip, a late but exciting addition to the itinerary, or even an eleventh hour deal on a flight or hotel. So, if you’ve waited last-minute to shop for the travelers on your list, you’re just getting into the spirit of things! But we also know the spirit makes everyone busy this time of year, so we’ve made it a little easier on you by collecting 10 quick and easy gift ideas for all the adventurers in your life.
1. There’s a saying, “I haven’t been everywhere yet, but it’s on my list.” If you know someone who dreams of traveling to far-away places, consider gifting them a subscription to a travel magazine like National Geographic, Travel & Leisure, or Conde Nast Traveler. Just order it online and wrap up a copy you find at any newsstand. It’s literally the gift that keeps on giving throughout the year. (Price varies per magazine)
2. If only you had your shopping list tied around your neck all season, you wouldn’t be in this boat now, would you? We’re kidding. But really… the convenience of Eagle Creek’s Undercover Neck Wallet DLX will make any traveler happy. They can keep all their important documents and money safely out of sight while they experience their next adventure. (MSRP $20)
3. Remember back in the day when receiving toys and games was the best part of the holiday season? Luckily, it doesn’t have to stop once you grow up. This Travel Scrabble game will keep travelers and their companions entertained whether they’re sitting on a layover or camping in the wilderness. ($19.99)
4. Now, let’s get down to business… if your traveler is always toting around his or her laptop and other work documents on flights, the Eagle Creek Convertabrief will make traveling a lot easier. The lockable zippers and passport-sized RFID blocker pocket will ensure their sensitive items are safe, plus the bag conveniently transforms from a cross-body brief to a backpack. (MSRP $175)
5. As if the idea of getting a new stamp in their passport wasn’t enough to make them smile, a fun passport cover should add to the giddiness. There are plenty of options out there to tailor to your friend or family member’s personality, but we love this Map Print Leather Passport Holder by Patricia Nash. (MSRP $48)
6. Everyone knows there’s nothing like a good night’s sleep, especially when you’re away from home. Frequent flyers will love the Eagle Creek 2-in-1 Travel Pillow which contours around the neck and transforms to a rectangular shape so no matter where you’re trying to get some shut eye, you’ll be comfortable. (MSRP $24)
7. For those who need darkness for to get to REM, a sleep mask like this one from Eagle Creek will do the trick. It blocks out the light, contours to your face, and helps to recharge for the next adventure that awaits. (MSRP $29)
8. After a good sleep session, it’s important to recharge. The Eagle Creek Pack-It™ Bi-Tech™ On Board conveniently holds travel necessities like toothpaste, face wash and deodorant and even opens up to with a hook to hang. (MSRP $45)
9. Encourage your friend or family member to keep notes of their explorations with this beautiful Travel Journal by Ellie Claire. Not only can they write notes and store mementos in it, but it features quotes on every page to inspire along the way. ($12.99)
10. If your gift recipient has ever mentioned that he or she wanted to learn a new language, consider getting them a subscription to Rosetta Stone. Not only would it be helpful in their travels, but just think about how much it would enrich their life! (MSRP $99 for a 3 month subscription)
If there wasn’t at least one last-minute gift spree, it just wouldn’t be the holidays, now would it? What’s the latest you ever bought something for someone on your list? Tell us in the comments below!
Julie Pennell is a former NYC editor enjoying a grown-up gap year in Oxford, England. Follow her travel adventures at Across The Ponderings.
Sign Up & Receive
Free 2-Day Shipping
on Your First Order