Because you have enough to manage, let us help you with your packing list.
- Passport/Visa(s)/Personal Identification
- Cash & Credit/ATM Card(s)
- Check expiration dates on Passport, Drivers License, and Credit Cards
- Inform bank/credit cards companies if you’re traveling abroad
- Travel & Medical Insurance Documents
- Health Documentation/ Vaccination Card
- Prescriptions in original packaging
- Frequent Flyer Card(s)
- Reservations & Itineraries
- Hotel/Tour Contact Info
- Hotel Loyalty/Hostel Membership Card(s)
- Printed copies of Tickets/Passports/Emergency Information
- Email yourself a photo copy of a your passport, drivers license, medical cards & itinerary
My Travel System
- Main Travel Bag (wheeled travel bag/duffel bag)
- Packing Organizers (packing folder, packing cube, packing sac)
- Comfort & Security Items (travel pillow, ear plugs, travel lock)
- Day Bag & Travel Wallet (backpack, shoulder bag, travel organizers)
- Main Travel Bags/Rolling Luggage
- Daypacks/Shoulder Bags
- Water Bottles
- Pocket Knife or Multi-Fool (pack in checked luggage)
- Lightweight Binoculars/Compass
- Lightweight, Easy Care Clothing
- Rain Jacket/Umbrella
- Clothing for Layering
- Travel Shoes
- Sun hat with Brim
- Phrase Book, Guide Books & Maps
- Smart Phone, Tablet & Charger
- Travel Apps: Air Travel, Local Transportation & Dining
- Camera, Video Camera, Memory Card & Charger
- Music Player, Headphones & Charger
- Computer & Cords
- Electrical Converters & Adapters
- Travel Alarm
- Eye Shade & Ear Plugs
- Travel Pillows & Blankets for car/plane travel
- Portable Changing Pad with Diapers & Wipes
- Reading/Drawing Material & Games (download to tablet)
- Important Stuffed Animals/Favorite Blanket
- Grocery bags for trash
- Compression Sac for large items or to use as laundry bag
- Hand Sanitizer/Hand Wipes
- Sewing Kit/Clothing Care Kit
- Clothesline & Detergent
- Pack-It™ Sac or Cube to organize everyday essentials
- Water-resistant toiletry bags
- Travel Bottle Set (3 oz or less)
- Clear One-Quart Size Bag(s) for Toiletries in Carry-On
- Comb/Brush/Hair ties
- Toothbrush & Paste/Floss
- Facial Tissues/Toilet Paper
- Personal Hygiene Items
- Shampoo & Conditioner
- Glasses & Eyeglasses Case
- Extra Contacts, Contact Solution & Case
- Dry Eye/Allergy Eye Drops
- Scissors, Nail Clippers & Tweezers (pack in checked luggage)
- Make-up/Lip Balm with SPF
- Face Wash/Towelettes
- Shaving Kit & Extra Razor(s)
- Moisturizer/Body Lotion with SPF
- Travel Towel(s)
*Consult your health center or physician for help in planning your trip’s medication needs.
- Travel Health Information
- First Aid Kit (Bandages, Gauze, Adhesives, etc)
- Personal Prescriptions
- Pain & Fever Relievers/Thermometer
- Children’s Strength Pain Relievers
- Cold Medicines
- Diarrhea/Laxative Medicines
- Allergy Medicines
- Hydrocortisone cream (for allergic rashes)
- Antibacterial Ointment
- Throat Lozenges
- Sunscreen/Lip Balm with SPF
- Sunburn Relief
- Insect Repellent/Mosquito Net
- Sting Reliever
- Motion Sickness Pills/Bands
- Glasses/Dry Eye Drops
- Medicines & Vaccinations
- Snacks & Drinks
- Reconfirm/check-in online with airline
- Leave flight and hotel itineraries with a relative
- Leave house key and trip itinerary with a trusted friend
- Post Office to hold mail/Stop Newspaper
- Arrange care of pets, lawn & plants
- Prearrange school absences for children to get home study assignments
- Pre-pay bills
- Empty refrigerator
- Unplug appliances
- Turn off heater/air conditioner
- Turn down water heater
- Turn off washing machine taps
- Lock all doors and windows
- Set up timed light system
- Store valuables in a safe place
*If gone for more than 30 days check with homeowner’s insurance for specific directives.
Luggage & Packs
Think lightweight. Because you have lots to pack, the key to not racking-up airline baggage fees is to purchase a lightweight dependable travel bag. (Check weight restrictions with your airline).
Large Wheeled Duffel – a duffel is perfect for carrying lots o’ stuff, including stuffed animals, eight pairs of shoes and clothes enough for multiple people. And with all that large open space, create organization using the Pack-It™ System.
Large Wheeled Upright – a large capacity traditional piece of luggage, provides internal organization for everything that you didn’t used to pack, but now can’t live without.
Gear Bag with Zip-off Backpack – ideal for multisport trips, bring a gear bag that helps organize gear from clothes, while providing maximum capacity.
You’ll wonder how you lived without it...
If you want to pack more than one person’s clothing in a travel bag, color coordinate Pack-It™ Folders, Cubes and Sacs to easily identify which pieces belong to whom.
Pack-It™ Cubes – a variety of sizes and colors help you organize different people’s belongings in the same travel bag. Maximize packing space by rolling t-shirts, undergarments and workout clothes. Cubes also work great for organizing travel games and daily snacks.
Pack-It™ Wallaby Toiletry Kit – large enough to share with a few family members.
Pack-It™ Compression Sacs – compress bulky items or store dirty laundry.
Pack-It™ Folders – minimize wrinkles for that special night out.
Pack-It™ Shoe Sacs – not only help keep all those little shoes together, but also keep dirty shoes away from clean clothes.
Since you’re traveling with your family, health, safety and comfort are essential.
Ear Plugs – never a bad idea...
Packable Daypack or Tote - collapse and stuff into your luggage on the way to your destination, it’ll serve as an indispensable carry-all for family excursions and will be filled with souvenirs for the trip home.
Camera, Memory Card & Charger
Reading Materials & Games
Music Player, Headphones and Travel Speakers First Aid Kit
Toys, Books, Crayons
Tip: Use Pack-It™ Sacs to organize snacks, games and a first aid kit and Pack-It™ Cubes to pack a change of clothes or make a diaper changing cube.
Your day bag should be comfortable, organized and shouldn’t really scream “I’m a parent!” Choose a bag that suits your style and organizes what you plan to carry.
Backpack – perfect for hands-free convenience and organization.
Shoulder Bag – look for a cross-body bag if you want to keep items close to your body to help secure your stuff, but don’t just look for functionality, security and organization, also look for a day bag that suits your style.
Tip: Give your kids ownership of their stuff by picking them up their own kid-sized backpack – and save your back in the process.