October 13th, 2006
Luggage For Business Travelers
Adventure Gear Maker Eagle Creek Translates Award-Winning Active Travel Designs into Savvy Business Traveler Solutions
Business travel will be made easier with the introduction of the 10-piece Velocity Travel Gear Collection by Eagle Creek. In a limited North American debut, 80 select retail stores will carry the new collection.
Borrowing on more than 30 years of travel gear innovation, Eagle Creek invested several years of research and development efforts to launch the Velocity Travel Gear to meet the specific needs of the perpetual business traveler.
Durable, comfortable and light, Eagle Creek's Velocity Travel Gear features compression-molded, laminated uprights, garment bags, totes, shoulder bags and portfolios to address every stage of the business traveler's journey. Velocity is soft, yet structured for easy packing and protection. Within the Velocity's Travel Gear uprights offering, Eagle Creek also introduces an integrated packing solution, POD System. POD is an intuitive pre-board, on-board, and destination-specific organization design approach that makes the travel experience easier.
Eagle Creek's Velocity Travel Gear debut marks the company's first entry into the business luggage category. Significant research combined with a deep understanding of the business professional's travel and everyday needs were dedicated to the launch of this product, said Eagle Creek Senior Vice President Ricky Schlesinger. That dedication, matched by Eagle Creek's innovative track record, industry-leading quality, and the company's 30-year focus on durability, organization, comfort and convenience, all adds up to a stylish new option with a design sensibility that's just right for demanding business travelers.
Eagle Creek's introductory Velocity Travel Gear is available in black (with amber trim internally) and amber (with black trim internally) and includes the following pieces (in-depth product details are available at www.eaglecreek.com):
- Overnight Tri-Fold Garment Bag
- In-Flight Companion
- Wheeled In-Flight Tote
- Women's Tote
- Messenger Brief
- Laptop Brief
- Women's Portfolio
Highly durable despite its lightweight construction, Velocity's line is built from the foundation of Eagle Creek's extensive experience in developing travel gear and accessories for the world traveler. With multiple design awards in the adventure travel gear category, Eagle Creek borrowed from its unique world-travel product quality, utility, organization and design attributes to overhaul and improve traditional business travel luggage. Eagle Creek hallmark design features include:
- ExoForm Technology - Form without weight. Compression molded, laminated and engineered for durability and abrasion resistance. Soft, yet structured for easy packing and protection.
- Comfort built into every touch point - Ergonomic handles, soft-sided construction, contoured and padded shoulder straps, and fingertip friendly zipper pulls.
- Integrated Pack-It System - Minimized wrinkles and maximized space with Eagle Creek's patented, built-in organization system.
- Navigate with ease - Stackable companion pieces features an exclusive hard plastic, spring-loaded Quick Clip to connect luggage pieces, quick drop pockets, oversized wheels and comfortable touch points.
- Insightful product design - Easier luggage to pack and unpack, with intuitive pocket placements for instant access to critical travel necessities.
- Grab and go - Retractable ID tags and handles.
- Lightweight components - Trim and fabric designed to withstand the rigors of travel, without being overbuilt.
- Velocity Super Light (VSL) Wheels - Hollowed out wheel components remove unnecessary weight without sacrificing durability.
Velocity, like the 2005 introduction of Explorations System (ES) adventure luggage, also is backed by Eagle Creek's No Matter What damage repair policy, which, apart from losing one's luggage, offers the consumer free repair or replacement no matter what damage one's luggage receives, or how.
About Eagle Creek
Eagle Creek is a maker of adventure travel gear, luggage, travel accessories and packing solutions for active, adventurous souls. Founded in 1975, California-based Eagle Creek, Inc., invented the adventure travel gear category, introduced the industry's first convertible backpack on wheels, and is revolutionizing the way travelers pack with its Pack-It™ Folders, Cubes, Sacs and Toiletry Kits.