January 2nd, 2012
Overcome Your Excuses Not To Travel This Year
1. I don’t have the money. While it’s true that money may be a challenge, consider how much you can save by simply being creative. Hire a local to show you around, consider couchsurfing, or cook your own meals to lower your expenses. Also, try cutting out those expensive trips to the coffee shop today and start a “bucket list” fund with the money you save.
2. I don’t know the language. Knowing the language certainly helps, but learning a few key phrases before you leave will go miles in bridging the gap between you and the culture you’re visiting. Start with “hello”, ‘goodbye”, “please” and “thank you” and you’ll find conversations with locals will be better than you expected. Plus, there’s no better way to learn than being immersed in a language.
3. It’s too late to buy plane tickets Purchasing tickets in advance is usually the best way to ensure an economical fair, but this isn’t always the rule. Looking for last minute cheap fares can be an option too if you can be a little flexible with the dates, times and location. Bottom line, the fear of expensive flights shouldn’t dissuade you if you truly want to go so start looking for flights now.
4. I don’t have time to go. Time is a commodity and for many of us, and it’s often challenging to find extra for a getaway. Here’s our tip: just do it. There will always be things needing your attention and while it’s easy to let these be excuses not to travel, there’s truly no better time than now. Giving yourself a much-needed break will allow you to return to your work more relaxed and ready to focus.
5. I don’t have anyone to travel with. Sure it’s always easier and sometimes safer to go with a buddy. However, if you find yourself without a travel companion, going solo has its advantages. Traveling alone forces you to meet more people, get out of your comfort zone, and allows you to determine the itinerary you want. You can still travel with people by hooking up with a small group or a guide company that specializes in something you’re interested in. You just don’t have to stick with them if things go awry.
Sign Up & Receive
Free 2-Day Shipping
on Your First Order