November 20th, 2014
2014 Holiday Gift Guide: Travel Gifts For Campers
Looking for a present for the outdoors enthusiast in your life? Here are 10 gift ideas sure to make the recipient one very happy camper!
If you’ve got someone on your holiday list who loves cooking food on the fire and sleeping under the stars, we’ve got gifts that are sure to make them a happy camper. From essential accessories and gear to unexpected products sure to cause a good laugh, use this gift guide when shopping for the outdoors enthusiast in your life!
1. Nature isn’t a four-star restaurant, but dining amongst trees and dirt doesn’t have to taste dirty. The Easy Campfire Cooking recipe book has over 200 family-fun meal ideas and instructions for cooking over coals, in a dutch oven and more. (MSRP $9.60)
2. After a delicious meal, it’s only natural to want to take it easy. The Kammok Roo Hammock allows campers to get off the ground quickly and is roomy enough for two people to fit (or cuddle!) comfortably. (MSRP $99)
3. Speaking of cozy, these SmartWool Socks are the perfect stocking stuffer. The thick cushioning will provide comfort all day, making those hiking trips a little more enjoyable. (MSRP $23.95)
4. Whether they’re drying off after a shower, swim or even a downpour, your camper is going to need an absorbent towel for their trip. Eagle Creek’s large TravelLite™ Towel even comes with its own mesh stuff sac for storing. (MSRP $20)
5. Every camper needs a good set of tools, and this Sidekick by Leatherman has everything needed for an outdoor adventure. Equipped with 14 tools and folds up to fit in your camper’s pocket. (MSRP $49.85)
6. Campers who enjoy quick trips will love the 2-in-1 Backpack/Duffel from Eagle Creek. You can use it at a backpack or convert it into a duffel bag for 15 percent extra space. And did we mention it was named 2014 National Geographic Adventure Gear of the year? (MSRP $80)
7. Water hydrates, but wine relaxes. The camper oenophile will love this GSI Outdoors Stainless-Steel Nesting Wine Glass, which is sturdy and basically unbreakable, not to mention that the base unscrews for efficient storing. Cheers to that! (MSRP $14.95)
8. After a night of wine tasting, they might need a buzz in the morning and GSI Stovetop Coffee Maker can brew up to 12 cups of coffee at once. There’s nothing like a good cup of joe while taking in a beautiful campsite sunrise. (MSRP $44.95)
9. Things always get messy in the wilderness. Eagle Creek’s Pack-It™ Quick Trip toiletry kit is just the right size to carry essentials for a weekend getaway—plus it’s washable just in case. (MSRP $19)
10. Whoever opens this present is sure to light up. The Lighthouse 250 Lantern GoalZero provides up to 48 hours of reading light and needs around 7-14 of sunlight to reach a full charge or can recharge using a hand crank, giving your camping partner ample time to complete that bedtime ghost story. (MSRP $79.99)
Are you a camping enthusiast? Did we miss anything from your wish list? Tell us in a comment below!
Julie Pennell is a former NYC editor enjoying a grown-up gap year in Oxford, England. Follow her travel adventures at Across The Ponderings.
Sign Up & Receive
Free 2-Day Shipping
on Your First Order