November 5th, 2014
2014 Gift Guide: The Best Travel Gifts For Guys
It’s never a dull moment with the man in your life, so make sure the gift you get him is just as exciting and adventurous as he is. Here are 10 fun ideas for the guy who loves to get outdoors and travel.
If you know a man who’s idea of fun is a month-long backpacking adventure in Southeast Asia or a cross-country skiing expedition consider giving him something to spark his wanderlust this holiday season. This collection of the hottest gifts for travelers is guaranteed to ensure you spend less time figuring out what to buy him and more time sitting through the hour-long slide shows from his latest trips. Enjoy!
1. Does your guy streamline everything? Does his pocket knife not only cut, but also open bottles, file surfaces and unscrew corks? If so, your man of convenience will also love Eagle Creek’s award winning 2-in-1 Backpack/Duffel. The full-size backpack converts into a carryon sized duffel adding 15% more carrying capacity. (MSRP $80)
2. For the guy who loves to toss a line out whenever he sees water, this collapsible tenkara fishing pole from Tenkara Rod Co. is guaranteed to catch his eye—and maybe dinner. It collapses and extends easily and works similar to a fly rod, and some say is the purist style of fishing. (MSRP $159)
3. Spice up his stocking with a Travel Spice Kit from World Market that includes 20 seasonings such as cajun spice, chilli flakes and mild curry powder. Whether he wants to play chef on his next campout or be reminded of home when he’s abroad, these travel-size flavor enhances are sure to sate his palette. (MSRP $14.99)
4. If he’s not much of a chef, consider getting him a gift card to goldbely.com, a service that overnights food from over 100 restaurants from around the country. So, if he’s on a business trip in another state and is craving a pastrami sandwich or wants his skiing buddies to experience the best steak ever, he can actually make it happen. (Prices vary per item)
5. A good briefcase is essential for every business traveller and the Convertabrief from Eagle Creek is ultra organized and All Ways Secure™. It's Checkpoint Friendly laptop compartment with butterfly-style opening sallows him to leave his laptop in his bag while going through security at the airport. (MSRP $175)
6. Speaking of protection… this phone case by eyn has a secret compartment that protects up to three bank cards and your cold hard cash. It also has an enclosed mirror and a kickstand to make FaceTime sessions with you prettier and easier. (MSRP $29.99)
7. Make sure he always knows where he’s going with this Brass Compass and Clip from the Best Made Company. He’ll never get lost and will always find his way back home…. to you, of course. (MSRP $36)
8. If he can’t be at home just yet, at least he’ll feel like he is with this Eagle Creek Cat Nap Blanket. The cozy fleece blanket is not only warm, but also has feet pockets to keep him extra comfortable. (MSRP $30)
9. Let him show off all the fun places he’s been with this Scratch-off Wall Map from UncommonGoods The colorful wall-hanging features a top layer that he can scratch off to reveal where he’s been. It’s like playing the lottery but already knowing you won an amazing, life-changing prize! (MSRP $20)
10. If you travel and don’t take pictures, did the trip really happen? Make it easy for him to carry his photography gear around with the Eagle Creek Pack-It Specter™ eCube L which organizes cords and other electronics. (MSRP $38)
Still haven’t found the perfect gift for your guy? Check out the Eagle Creek Outfit Me tool for more ideas tailored to him!
Julie Pennell is a former NYC editor enjoying a grown-up gap year in Oxford, England. Follow her travel adventures at Across The Ponderings.
Sign Up & Receive
Free 2-Day Shipping
on Your First Order